ADSM-L

Re: I: Lotus Notes Agent V2.1.9 Concerns

1999-04-14 19:00:24
Subject: Re: I: Lotus Notes Agent V2.1.9 Concerns
From: "<Cindy Jiang>" <cjiang AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:00:24 -0600
You are correct that "Silent install" is not supported in the current Notes
Agent and we will consider it in the future release.

The package for the V2.1.9 (PTF3) of the Notes Connect Agent resides in the
index server has just been replaced and  it will not give you a "try and
buy" message during installation. It will give you a PTF message instead.

You should not use  "-full=yes" option unless your first incremental backup
is no good. After the first incremental backup, the ADSM server will create
a filespace entry for that database. It also creates an object for each
document under this filespace. The more documents you have, the more
objects being created for you. So even when you use  "-full=yes" option,
the ADSM API needs to perform some queries/validations with the existing
filespace. Since the first incremental backup you don't have an existing
filespace and it will come back right away. For better performance, we
suggest to use both the BA client and Notes agent together. For example,
you can use the BA client to do a full file level backup once a week and
use the Notes Agent to do incremental backup everyday to backup document
level changes daily. To restore a database, first you need to restore the
last full file level backup with the BA client, then use the Notes Agent
with the -fromdate option to retrieve all changes since that fromdate and
merge it to the copy restored from the BA client.

SUBDIR yes is NOT a valid entry in the option file. It is a command line
option.

Cindy Jiang
ADSM Development

Rick Smith <richard.smith.hs45 AT STATEFARM DOT COM> on 04/14/99 09:08:27 AM