ADSM-L

Archiving vs. Backup

1999-04-14 19:53:10
Subject: Archiving vs. Backup
From: ROBERT OTT <Robert.Ott AT TLC.STATE.TX DOT US>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:53:10 -0600
ADSM'ers,

Currently our shop is using backups for all of our clients.  It is now
time to implement archiving for some of these boxes.  We will want to
exclude some of the files that are currently backed from the archival
process.  I don't have the option of allowing users to initiate archives
or to explicitly include files or extensions of files to be archived.

My problem:  How do I filter out the files I don't want archived?
Separate dsm.opt?  Another nodename?

Any suggestions and or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert