ADSM-L

Re: Management Classes

1999-04-14 09:19:22
Subject: Re: Management Classes
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 09:19:22 -0400
Okay I think I've figured this one out with your help. It does seem to be a
problem with the directories being bound to a different management class.
It's strange though. The drmmc management class had these settings, version
exists 2, version deleted 0, retain extra 30 retain only 60 and the default
management class server had these settings, version exists no limit,
versions deleted 1, retain extra 35, retain only 35. The only value that was
greater from the drmmc management class was retain only. Is this the
parameter that the client looks at to determine the directory management
class? If I would have put a dirmc = in the dsm.opt file and specified
server as the management class for directories would the backup have worked?
I think I'm going to play around with this for a little while and see what I
can find out...

Thanks again,

Mark Remeta
Seligman Data Corp.