ADSM-L

expire inventory

1999-04-12 22:12:56
Subject: expire inventory
From: Jim Broccolo <jimbrocc AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:12:56 -0400
I am a consultant workin on a clients adsm mvs server issues. I found
out that they "NEVER" ran Expire Inventory since it was installed 3
years ago. Funny thing though, they just kept adding DB space, and have
over 900 tapes in the tapepool. I got them to fire up the expire
inventory and it's been running for 5 days and has deleted millions
of files with millions more to go.  This is currently a V2 server and
we are days away from Upgrading to V3.

Has anyone heard if Expire in V3 performs any better??

Would you expect the tapes to be freed up during the reclaimation
process????

Thanks
Jim Broccolo