ADSM-L

HSM in SUN environment

1999-04-12 18:10:30
Subject: HSM in SUN environment
From: "Jon L. Halasz" <JLH AT CHAMPIONCC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:10:30 -0400
To anyone familiar with using ADSM and HSM on a Sun solaris system with multiple
SUN workstations... (this is a digital video application that needs to be
migrated to tape or Optical, then recalled on a regular basis).

1. Should we expect to see and NFS mount all files in the Solaris system,
including
those that HSM has migrated to tape, i.e. can we NFS mount an HSM tape?

2. Could any Solaris server, using the same file structure, NFS mount an ADSM
tape to recall a HSM migrated file?

3. What problems may be encountered with those files that are not backed up by
the ADSM server but are migrated from a client directly to tape using HSM (IF
this can be done)?

Thanks in advance.

Jon Halasz
800 771-7000 x388