ADSM-L

Re: SQL Connect Agent, Exchange Connect Agent

1999-04-12 13:06:50
Subject: Re: SQL Connect Agent, Exchange Connect Agent
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:06:50 -0400
> Hi,
> Does anyone know when the SQL Connect agent will be able to restore
single
> tables

Because of some of the caveats associated with table-level
backup and restore as well as low customer demand thus far, it is
not currently in our plans.  If it is of high-priority to your
company, please contact your IBM reprsentative to make sure your
requirements are known.

> and when the Exchange Connect Agent will be able to restore single
> mail boxes

When Microsoft "officially" supports this through their
Exchange backup and restore API, we will consider it.
With Exchange 5.5 "deleted item restore" function and the
performance implications using non-backup/restore APIs
we have not implemented it to date.

> Thanks
> Dominic

Thanks,