ADSM-L

Re: Don't want to backup remote filesystems

1999-04-09 09:11:57
Subject: Re: Don't want to backup remote filesystems
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:11:57 -0400
Thanks Bruce, for the advice.  I have a feeling that we can't win.  We charge
the departments per client to back up their machines, not the amount of data
being backed up.  As a University Computing Center, we have an operating budget
and don't need a charge-back system to cover the cost of running ADSM.
However, we expect our users not to abuse their privileges.

 Eliza Lau
 Eliza Lau
 Virginia Tech Computing Center                email : eliza.lau AT vt DOT edu
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
 1700 Pratt Drive
 Blacksburg VA 24060                           phone : (540) 231-9399