ADSM-L

Don't want to backup remote filesystems

1999-04-08 11:51:38
Subject: Don't want to backup remote filesystems
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 11:51:38 -0400
Hi ADSMers,

Is there a way to block the backup of NFS mounted filesystems?  We have a
user who is thinking of sneaking in GB of data through NFS mounting
the filesystems on all the machines in his lab onto one client that we
are backing up for him.  The graduate student who works for this guy asked
me how to set it up in dsm.opt.  I want to block this before he figures it out.

client - Digital Unix
server - AIX running adsm server 3.1.2.13

Thanks in advance

 Eliza Lau
 Eliza Lau
 Virginia Tech Computing Center                email : eliza.lau AT vt DOT edu
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
 1700 Pratt Drive
 Blacksburg VA 24060                           phone : (540) 231-9399