ADSM-L

multiple entries for same server options

1999-04-08 09:52:56
Subject: multiple entries for same server options
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 15:52:56 +0200
Hi,

when I edited the dsmserv.opt file I realised, that there are
multiple entries for the same options. It turned out that each
time an option is set using the administrative web interface,
a new entry is appended to the options file, regardless if
an old entry exists.
This can be confusing when I manually edit the first entry
in the options file, which will be overwritten by the following
entries during server boot. The edited option will not take effect.
Server version is AIX 3.1.2.20

Regards,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT uos DOT de
Universitaet Osnabrueck       Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28
D-49069 Osnabrueck
Germany