ADSM-L

DISPLAYMODE=TABLE for the MVS admin client

1999-04-07 11:06:24
Subject: DISPLAYMODE=TABLE for the MVS admin client
From: "Wm. Boyer" <wboyer AT DSSCORP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 11:06:24 -0400
We currently get a status report of failed client schedules for the
previous day run from an AIX box. This does a Q EV * * T=CL EX=YES ...
command and then emails this to a group of people. I would like to offload
this from the AIX box to our MVS server. When I run the exact Q EV command
using the 3.1.0.5 DSMADMC client on MVS/TSO, I don't get the nice table
output, but each value on a separate line wiht headings. I run this in
batch redirecting it to a file. I even specified the LRECL on the output
file at 255 RECFM=FB and it will won't give me the 'wide mode'. Reading the
README.TXT that came with the AIX client, it talks about a -DISPLAYMODE
parameter. This doesn't work for the MVS admin client.

Does anyone know of a way I can force the 'wide output' on the MVS admin
client?

Thanks,
Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.