ADSM-L

Re: Anti virus software for ADSM

1999-04-06 12:49:15
Subject: Re: Anti virus software for ADSM
From: Harry Cantrell <Harry.Cantrell AT KMC-USA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 09:49:15 -0700
It sounds to me like the virus should be cleaned by the 'client' that ADSM
is backing up.  i.e. if it's a Notes server, user whatever virus control
software runs on that client/OS.  It shouldn't make it to the disk drive in
the first place for ADSM to back-up.  Either your front-end firewall, or
the client should cleanse any virus before backup time.  Or, am I missing
something in your problem description?

Mike Soursby - Kawasaki Motors Corp., USA
mike.soursby AT kmc-usa DOT com

---------------------- Forwarded by Harry Cantrell/Kmc-Usa on 04/01/99

"Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM> on 04/01/99 10:41:33
AM