ADSM-L

Re: Recommendation

1999-04-02 04:51:22
Subject: Re: Recommendation
From: "Mauro M. Tinelli" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 11:51:22 +0200
Daniel,

        it makes a lot of sense!

And more, have you ever come across a HP High Availability software
MC/ServiceGuard? This software allows you to define packages that can be
assigned to specific nodes in a cluster. When, for any reason, you
move/transfer/migrate a package to a different node of the cluster, you
see all the VolumeGroups associated to that package move to the new nodes
and then see duplication of 'FileSpaces' without any relation with the
ones backed up on the other nodes! But they are the same file spaces! The
scenario become even more complicated because the migration may be
unattended when one of the nodes crashes (yep, it's High Availability).
The problem is that a package is NOT a virtual machine!

I'm still trying to find out the best solution with the tools ADSM gives
me, at the moment!

Ciao Mauro

> Hey Everyone,
>
> I don't know if this would ever be useful to anyone else, but, I
believe
> that it would be nice to be able to re-associate (bind or export)
filespaces