ADSM-L

(Pre) Schedule problem on SUN Solaris

1999-03-31 03:35:56
Subject: (Pre) Schedule problem on SUN Solaris
From: Valeriano Bassi <Bassi AT SSB DOT IT>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:35:56 +0200
Hi ADSM'ers,
we are having a problem with pre schedule command on a Solaris ADSM client.
In detail, we use PRESCHEDULECMD option of DSM.SYS to startup a shell that
(should) do
four commands to stop applications before backup starts. It happens very
often (6 days a week)
that, after the first command, scheduler hang and is not able to continue
processing.
We tried using a scheduled b/a command from ADSM server scheduler but the
result is
always the same problem.
Anyone did have (and solve) a similar problem?
ADSM server is OS/390 1.3 level 3.1.1.3
ADSM client is SUN Solaris 5.6 level 3.1.0.6

Any help will be very appreciated.
Valeriano Bassi  bassi AT ssb DOT it