ADSM-L

Re: How to backup a large Notes environment

2015-10-04 17:46:05
Subject: Re: How to backup a large Notes environment
From: Alan R. White
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Mark

We back up 300GB of Notes mail databases on 3 AIX SP nodes (14??) in about
6
hours to a 3494 tape library with 3590 drives. The ADSM server runs on a
4th
SP node which is the standby node in a 4-way cluster (with the other 3
nodes).

Works OK. The production guys did a good job with the user in agrreing an
SLA. We do not do daily copies to an offsite pool. If a tape breaks the
users gets their mailbox from the day before - tough.

For offsite purposes we do a backup at the week end which is copied to an
offsite pool (seperate node & pool names etc from the dailies).

Hope this helps.
Alan