ADSM-L

How to backup a large Notes environment

2015-10-04 17:46:05
Subject: How to backup a large Notes environment
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Due to a company merger and software consolidation we are moving from a 20GB
Notes environment on NT to 300GB of
databases running on a 14 node AIX SP !!!

One of the nodes is running the ADSM server connected to a Magstar tape
library.
The plan from the AIX consultants is to
shutdown each node in turn and back it up. We are using Notes clustering so
this
would not affect availability. I think we may
be able to just about back everything up with this method but then there is
the
problem of backing up the primary tape pool
to an offsite copypool. I can't see that there will be time to perform this
before all the backups start again. A contact from IBM
does not think we should use the Notes Agent  as there is too much to
process.

Can anyone advise on our best approach to this issue.

Many thanks

Mark