ADSM-L

Re: NT Service PACK4 and ADSM client

1999-03-29 18:39:24
Subject: Re: NT Service PACK4 and ADSM client
From: "Gogineni, Sri" <SGogineni AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:39:24 -0800
Hi all,
      I have tried the below option of isolating the backup of the COMPAQ NT
SP4 clients (now at 3.1.0.5) to the two AIX ADSM servers at different
timings. i.e. at 2200hrs and 0200Hrs respectively.

However at 0300 hrs one of the COMPAQ clients rebooted.

And the server reboot does not leave any trace on the NT system. it's almost
like a hardware reset. I've tried to convince my NT admin that ADSM cannot
write directly to the HARDWARE bypassing the HAL  of NT. or can it?

Maybe I'll try the memory efficient option as suggested by Nathan

This is just an FYI

Thanks

Sri