ADSM-L

Re: NT client - application open files

1999-03-29 14:38:16
Subject: Re: NT client - application open files
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 14:38:16 -0500
>i have a 3.1.0.6 NT client on adsm v3.1 (aix )server.
>It has an application where the database is OPEN. In order for ADSM to produce
>a backup copy .
>the application is on c:/app
> I want to run a preschedulecmd as (is the command format correct???)
>preschedulecmd "copy c:/app/yyy.db c:/apptmp/yyy.db"

I would STRONGLY advise against this kind of thing with any kind
of database, in that the database would be in transition, with only
part of it on disk (the rest being in memory buffers).  What you would
be backing up (and depending upon for restoral) would be dubious at best.
Either shut down the database system before backing it up, or back it up
with something designed to run within the database system.
   Richard Sims, BU