ADSM-L

Re: 3494 and firewall

1999-03-29 10:01:49
Subject: Re: 3494 and firewall
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:01:49 -0500
>We are about to share a 3494 with some systems which are not in our
>internal net. Due to these restrictions we have to connect to the 3494
>control box via a firewall, but we don't know which tcp ports are used
>by lmcpd. We found an entry in /etc/inittab which means the 3494 uses
>tcp port 3494 (!) but we traced some network traffic and don't know if
>3494 is all needed...
>
>Any ideas?

See the comments in the /etc/ibmatl.conf file.  The default port address for a
3494 is "3494", unless otherwise configured into the 3494, in which case you'd
need to specify that port number in the ibmatl.conf file.
An 'lsof' command will show access being like:

 COMMAND     PID     USER   FD   TYPE     DEVICE   SIZE/OFF      INODE NAME
 lmcpd      5138     root  cwd   VDIR    10,   4       2048          2 /
(/dev/hd4)
 lmcpd      5138     root    0w  VREG    10,   4          4       8212 /
(/dev/hd4)
 lmcpd      5138     root    1u  inet 0x05bd4e00        0t0        TCP *:3494
 lmcpd      5138     root    2u  unix    10,   4        0t0       8448
/etc/.3494sock

Richard Sims, BU