ADSM-L

Volume State

1999-03-26 13:42:00
Subject: Volume State
From: Thomas Bull <tomb AT NSMC.PARTNERS DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 13:42:00 -0500
Hi -
I have a new problem that has come up for the past 3 weeks or so, none of
my tapes have changed to the "vaultretrieve" state when i do a q drm.
all in the copypool
are marked ACCESS/OFFSITE - all in the tapepool are marked READ/WRITE,
1 tape is marked UNAVAILABLE.
how long should they remain as OFFSITE? where does this get defined?
i only have an 18 tape library, and many more than that are "stuck" in
the vault.
i would think they should be re-used after a while
i know this isn't right, i just don't know enough about ADSM yet to
understand
what i'm doing wrong.  I appreciate any help on this.

Thanks, Tom