ADSM-L

Re: Moving DB

1999-03-26 10:36:20
Subject: Re: Moving DB
From: "Nichols, Linnea" <linnea.nichols AT CO.FAIRFAX.VA DOT US>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:36:20 -0500
Having just had the experience of a software failure (overran ECAM buffers
on IBM's RVA2) on a RAID-5 configured device, I HIGHLY recommend mirrored DB
copies -- one of the primary DB files took a failure due to the software
problem (that looked like a hardware problem!!!), and ADSM immediately
started using only the mirrored copy with no problems.

I had always wondered if it was a good idea to have mirrored copies on my
RAID device, and now I have proof that it was good -- saved me!!!!

Linnea Nichols

Fairfax Co. Govt, Fairfax, VA    Linnea.Nichols AT co.fairfax.va DOT us
Phone:703/324-2708                FAX: 703/324-3931