ADSM-L

Re: Scheduler on V3 NT Client

1999-03-26 10:12:45
Subject: Re: Scheduler on V3 NT Client
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 07:12:45 -0800
Hello Betsy,

Running the scheduler via an NT service is the recommended method
for Windows NT. However, there is nothing preventing you from running
DSMC SCHEDULE from the command line if you wish. Remember, though, if
you use this latter method, the scheduler will terminate if you log
off the machine.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

I'm just starting to get familiar with the NT V3 client.  I've searched=
 the
documentation and it appears that the only way to run the scheduler on =
a V3
NT client is through the NT Service - is that correct?
=