ADSM-L

Re: SQL Agent Database Restore with SQL 7.0 on NT SP4

1999-03-25 10:29:26
Subject: Re: SQL Agent Database Restore with SQL 7.0 on NT SP4
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:29:26 -0500
Nathan,

Yes.  This is a known problem.  For SQL 7.0, Microsoft
changed their underlying technique for database files
(which you probably already know) as well as the
interface for doing the restore-into function.

As a result, they require the original database file (.mdf file)
to NOT exist before doing a "restore into".

You have two ways to circumvent this problem (maybe more):

1. Rename the old database .mdf file to something else,
   then do the restore.

2. Do the restore to a different SQL Server

We will address this issue in a future PTF.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler