ADSM-L

DSM / DSMC with autof and lofs Loopback filesystem

1999-03-25 08:37:33
Subject: DSM / DSMC with autof and lofs Loopback filesystem
From: Klaus Steinberger <Klaus.Steinberger AT PHYSIK.UNI-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:37:33 +0100
Hello,

I'm currently in the process of moving from amd to autofs  Automounter
on HP/SGI/Linux systems.

My hope is to get rid of the weird automounter mountpoints
(/a/machinename/....), and instead get inplace mounts.

This works well on all three system types. But I do have an problem
with dsm or dsmc.

I have for example a filesystem with the real mountpoint /export/home/xxx
autofs mounts this inplace as /home/xxx.

dsm works well if this is mounted via nfs. I then see this filesystem
in the network filespaces for archive or backup if its mounted remotely.

But local I do see it in local filespace as export/home/xxx
even if automount has mounted it inplace with the lofs filesystem.

I do have an common ADSM Node for all of our user filespaces, so I want
to see it also as /home/xxx on the local machine, so that if the users
do archiving or restoring they always see /home/xxx as the filespace
regardless on which machine they started dsm.

How could I do that. I tried already virtualmountpoint, but that didn't help.

Sincerely,
Klaus
--
Klaus Steinberger               Beschleunigerlabor der TU und LMU Muenchen
Klaus Steinberger               Beschleunigerlabor der TU und LMU Muenchen