ADSM-L

client compressalways no

1999-03-25 07:31:12
Subject: client compressalways no
From: "Sanders, David" <DSanders AT INTERNAL.MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 07:31:12 -0500
I have a sun solaris platform client that we would like to do compression
before sending data across the pipe, but because we have cache turned on for
the server, the "uncompressable" files break.  So, we've enabled "client
determined" and the client has tried to add the "compression" and
"compressalways no" to the dms.sys options file.  But, it doesn't like it.
Example:

                ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
                Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 3, Release 1,
Level 0.6
                (C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1998, All Rights
Reserved.

                ANS1036S Invalid option 'COMPRESSALWAYS' found in options
file '/opt/IBMadsm-c/dsm.sys'
                         at line number : 32
                         Invalid entry : '   COMPRESSALWAYS no'

                ANS1038S Invalid option specified

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Dave Sanders
Sr. Technical Consultant
MassMutual / The Blue Chip Company
1295 State St, E060, Springfield, MA 01111
413-744-5095