ADSM-L

Please Help: Export Node Data from MVS ADSM Server to NT ADSM Server

1999-03-24 13:40:39
Subject: Please Help: Export Node Data from MVS ADSM Server to NT ADSM Server
From: Kyle Payne <payne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:40:39 -0600
Fellow ADSM'ers,

        We need to export a node and all of its backup active data from one ADSM
server to another.  A hitch we have is that we can't go to tape because we
don't have like tape devices on each of these servers.  Instead we are going
to go to a devclass of File which we plan to create on the MVS server.  We
then plan to map to it from the NT server and use this same device class to
import from.

        Has anyone done this? If so what should we watch out for?  Do you have
any
information which could help us with this or warn us about potential
problems?

Thanks,
        Kyle Payne - (payne AT berbee DOT com)