ADSM-L

3494 Library Problems

1999-03-24 11:03:09
Subject: 3494 Library Problems
From: "McNamara, Sean" <sean.mcnamara AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 11:03:09 -0500
Good Morning All,

        We are running three servers - ADSM V3.1.2.1 on AIX 4.2.1 sharing a
Magstar 3494 library with 9 3590 tape drives.

        We are experiencing a problem that is baffling us.   Whenever one of
the ADSM server is rebooted the library does not come back in a consistent
state.  The ADSM server audits the library and then attempts to checkin it's
volumes, after this the activity log shows messages stating:  Volume not
checked into the library but is using category #.  The category number that
it states is not the private category number assigned to the library, it is
using a category from another ADSM server attached to the library.  We then
need to use the following command - mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -C -Vvolume#
-tcategory number.  After this is complete, we then have to checkin all ov
the volumes again.  has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a
the volumes again.  has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a
possibility that the library is partition incorrectly.  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

Sean McNamara