ADSM-L

Antwort: Notes agent looping again?

1999-03-24 01:30:20
Subject: Antwort: Notes agent looping again?
From: Stephan Rittmann <srittmann AT FIDUCIA DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 07:30:20 +0100
Hi,

I saw this, too. What kind of platform do you use. Ours is OS/2 Notes CLient.

Bye,
Stephan

Hi all.

In the previous PTF of the Notes agent, there was a nasty little bug where,
under certain conditions, the agent would start looping during a backup. The
sympton was that the number of bytes sent from the server (shown on a "q sess")
would start outstriping the bytes received. We applied the 8A test fix and that
problem went away.

We started tested the latest PTF (which should have incorporated the fix) and
guess what? Well, it *appears* that the problem is back. We started doing an
incremental with the agent and after about 6 hours, the "bytes sent" from the
server was at 6.7 GB (and growing) while the "bytes received" was down at 2.7
GB.

I'm kind of surprised that I haven't seen anthing on this in the list yet
(though I may have missed it). Anyone else see this?