ADSM-L

Mysterious 3590 consumption

2015-10-04 17:46:04
Subject: Mysterious 3590 consumption
From: Bob Brazner [mailto:Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We recently added 100 (3590) tapes to our 3494 ATL bringing our scratch
count
to 240.  We also added a fourth 3590 drive.  Within one week's time, we
noticed
our ATL in-use count increased by approximately 100 tapes.  Our copypool has
not increased significantly even though both the tape pool and the copypool
are
recycled at 60%.  Based on our known ADSM backup activity, we can not see:
1)
why we would start using 100 scratch tapes so quickly; and 2) why it would
why we would start using 100 scratch tapes so quickly; and 2) why it would
affect one pool but not the other.  We are running ADSM server v3.1 on
RS/6000
AIX 4.3.1.0.