ADSM-L

Adsm Connect Agent for MS Exchange

1999-03-23 17:33:23
Subject: Adsm Connect Agent for MS Exchange
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:33:23 -0600
I am trying to write a simple batch job to reliably backup the Exchange
Database.
It executes the excdsmc /backup command and then checks the error level upon
completion before deciding what to do next.
I was under the impression that anything higher than error level 0 would be
considered a failure.
Today I attempted to run the script after the store had been defragged. The
script is designed to attempt an incremental backup and upon 3 successive
failures to do a ful backup. It checks for failures by using the 'if not
errorlevel 1' statement after the backup command line.

However when the incremental backup failed (after a defrag exchange requires
a full backup) it gave a return code of 0 (A success message).

Why is this the case?

Nathan

Nathan King
Open Systems Storage Management
*  (210) 913-5755
* Pager: 753-5755
* E-mail: nathan.king AT usaa DOT com

The opinions herein are mine and almost certainly do not reflect those of my
employer.