ADSM-L

Re: volume status

1999-03-23 13:27:33
Subject: Re: volume status
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:27:33 -0500
Well, it's empty because all the data has expired or been reclaimed.
But, it is still marked as "private" in the library, and still has a
definition in your storage pool inventory.
So, something is keeping ADSM from deleting the storage pool definition,
which would automatically put the volume back in scratch status.

Some things I can think of:

1) Are you using DRM?  If so, do Q DRMEDIA volser.  If the tape still has a
status of VAULTRETRIEVE or COURIERRETRIEVE, you must do a MOVE DRMEDIA to
get the tape deleted from the DRM inventory, then ADSM will delete the
stgpool entry.

2) Is the tape marked OFFSITE?

3) Was the tape created originally with the DEFINE VOLUME command, rather
than being grabbed by ADSM as a SCRATCH volume?  To check, display the
properties of the volume.  If the properties says SCRATCH YES, then it came
from the scratch pool.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert