ADSM-L

Reclamation not starting

1999-03-23 11:19:32
Subject: Reclamation not starting
From: Jim Healy <jhealy AT CHUBB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:19:32 -0500
Hi all,
        I'm having a problem with reclamation not running in one of our
ADSM's on MVS. This particular adsm is running version 2.1.18. We have 4
other adsms set up what I beleive is identical. I have an administrator
schedule that sets the threshold down to 50% daily. But reclamation doesn't
start. I've set in manually from 90 down to 1 and it still wo't run. There
are plenty of scratch tapes available and the max scratch is set very high.
 here is the deviceclass definition:adsm> q dev ml2
     Device Class Name: ML2
Device Access Strategy: Sequential
    Storage Pool Count: 1
           Device Type: Cartridge