ADSM-L

Re: Excessive amount of database backups triggered

1999-03-22 17:05:30
Subject: Re: Excessive amount of database backups triggered
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:05:30 -0800
Normally the trigger worked as expected, but I had a similar incident.  In
my case, after several dumps, the activity log was flooded with errors say
it could read some log items.  Eventually the host ran out of paging space
and crashed.

One suggestion from the list (not IBM), which I implemented, was that the
trigger should not be less that 75%.  I also increased the size of the log
file so as to minimize triggered dumps.