ADSM-L

Re: Installation of connect agent for ORACLE database on WinNT

1999-03-19 12:21:26
Subject: Re: Installation of connect agent for ORACLE database on WinNT
From: Herve Chibois <Herve.Chibois AT FR.ABNAMRO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:21:26 +0100
Hi there,

Yes there are some tricks to avoid wasting several days when installing
AgentConnect for Oracle :

Installation order :
1) Oracle
2) ADSM Backup/Archive client (if needed)
3) ADSM AgentConnect for ORACLE
4) EBU / RMAN

When you install the ADSM AgentConnect, please DO Copy the 2 DLL s
orastb.dll (the interface DLL between ADSM and ORACLE) and the adsmv3.dll
in the %SYSTEM32% directory. If orastb.dll do not use the correct DLL,
you will
hang EBUTOOL.

Hope this helps,
Herve

Here are some very simple scripts I made for testing :

ech4@consp_e:/home/user/ech4/adsm/nt/oracle# cat strtbkp.cmd
rem -----------
rem strtbkp.cmd
rem -----------

set DSMI_Config=D:\SysAppl\ADSM\agentOBA\dsm.opt
set DSMI_DIR=D:\SysAppl\ADSM\agentOBA
set DSMI_LOG=D:\SysAppl\ADSM\agentOBA
set ORACLE_HOME=D:\Sysappl\Orant
set ORACLE_SID=EBU
set EBU_HOME=D:\Sysappl\Orant\OBackup
set EBU_EXE=D:\SysAppl\orant\obackup\bin\ebu
set EBU_SCRIPT=D:\SysAppl\Scripts\bkpADSM.txt
%EBU_EXE% %EBU_SCRIPT% -noa

ech4@consp_e:/home/user/ech4/adsm/nt/oracle# cat bkpADSM.txt
backup online
db_name = "ADSM"
tablespace = "TBS1", "TEMP", "SYSTEM", "RBS"
log="D:\SYSAPPL\ADSM\LOG\bkpADSM.log"
trace="D:\SYSAPPL\ADSM\LOG\bkpADSM.trc"

        CorrieV @ DATAVIA.CO.ZA
        19/03/99 16:13