ADSM-L

ADSM ONBAR backup error 139

1999-03-19 08:40:02
Subject: ADSM ONBAR backup error 139
From: Jan Vikström (EDT) <Jan.Vikstrom AT EDT.ERICSSON DOT SE>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:40:02 +0100
        We use ONBAR and ADSM to backup our Informix databases but after an
ADSM upgrade (on the mainframe) to V3 we encountered the ONBAR error
BAR_BAD_VERSION 0x8b (139) although it seems to me that the bar_version
table is okey. The error does not show up during ONBAR initialization but
later when all dbspaces are backed up and the backup of logs are to begin.
So, my thought is that if the sm_version in the bar_version table would be
wrong the backup would stop at once immediately when I start it but insted
it stops (with error 0x8b) first when all dbspaces is finnished. Backup
command is (onbar -b -L 0  or   onbar -b -w ). I would be greateful for some
help in this matter.
        Our environment is :
        SAP R/3 4.0B
        Informix Online 7.24.UC3
        SunOS 5.5.1 Generic_103640-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise
        ADSM Server Version 3 Release 1 Level 1.3
        ADSM Client Version 3 Release 1 Level 0.6
        Bar_version table :
   bar_version  bsa_version  bar_sm  sm_version
        1                                3.1.6
adsm               3

Regards Jan Vikstroem
ERICSSONl
Jan Vikström   LM Ericsson Data AB
ÄL/EDT/I/OKB
SE-125 82 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
Phone : +46 8 726 28 56
mail : jan.vikstrom AT edt.ericsson DOT se