ADSM-L

Re: Netware client password

1999-03-19 07:20:42
Subject: Re: Netware client password
From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bth AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 07:20:42 -0500
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Ian Wilkes wrote:

// Has anyone come across the following OR have any idea why...
//
We have the same problem. 5 identical novell servers (even the hardware is
the same, right down to the stepping on the CPU) works great for 4 of
them, doesn't work at all for the 5th.  Same file changes you describe..
it just doesn't want to read the file... If you come up with the solution,
please post! :)

// We have a customer using v3.1.0.6 client on netware 4.11
// All their boxes are running the same novell patch levels...(so they tell me)
// The client option files contain...
// NWPWFILE YES
//
// for the novell admin password and this works on ALL boxes, and
//
// PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
//
// for the ADSM node password. This works fine on all but 2 clients.
//
// On those two clients ADSM creates the file to store the password in fine.
But then asks you for it again everytime it needs it rather then reading it
from the file. Everytime you enter it the password file timestamps indicate
that the password is being saved.
//
// HELP!!!
//
// Ian Wilkes : ADSM Consultant
// Phoenix Systems Group
// Technology House
// Hunsbury Hill Avenue
// Northampton
// NN4 8QS
// Tel: +44 (0)1604 669660
//

-
Best regards,
Best regards,
Brian

| Brian T. Huntley                              UNIX Systems Programmer |
| Campus Information Services, Clarkson University                      |
| Ph/FAX: 315.268-2292/6570                                             |
| bth AT clarkson DOT edu                                www.clarkson.edu/~bth |
 UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
        PGP Public Key available. finger bth AT clarkson DOT edu