ADSM-L

Creative ADSM Archive

1999-03-18 13:43:00
Subject: Creative ADSM Archive
From: Gail A Johnson <Johnson.GailA AT AMSTR DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:43:00 -0800
We don't use any migration products on our Netware Severs (4.0) right now.  We
have a Netware server that is in need of clean up -- so my users are trying to
come up with a way to do some things with ADSM -- with ARCHIVE.

I told them we could do an ARCHIVE on the data with the DEL command and ADSM
would delete the files from the server after the ARCHIVE completed
successfully.

Well, they were happy with that -- but they are in a position where they need
to determine by 'last-referenced' date what files are eligible to be ARCHIVED
and then DELETED.

I said we may be able to write a macro or something like that......

My question to the group is -- has anyone else had to tackle a situation like
this, if so, what was your solution...etc.

Thanks...