ADSM-L

Damaged Files on DLT Tapes

1999-03-18 05:45:10
Subject: Damaged Files on DLT Tapes
From: Stephan Rittmann <srittmann AT FIDUCIA DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:45:10 +0100
Hi all,

at one of our NT ADSM servers I found 3 tapes with damaged files. I realised
it, bcause of WARNINGS in the backup STG process. This process only wrote into
the ACT LOG, that file xxx is damaged and will skipped for storge pool backup.

IBM told me that the damaged files wont be rebackuped with the next incremental
backup of the client. For me this is a really bad situation. The server knows
in his database that a specific file is damaged and does nothing else then
print a warning.  With a second backup this gap could be closed easily, or not?

Any comments?

Stephan Rittmann