ADSM-L

Re: Novell Issues

1999-03-18 03:57:08
Subject: Re: Novell Issues
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:57:08 +0200
Hi Brian,

I've had this problem a lot of times especially on Novell 4.11 servers.
I guess they don't put the warning there for nothing when you want to
unload it. Make sure there are no activity on the backup window when
you do the unload. I've seen this abend mostly on SFT3 servers. About
a year ago there was a discussion about ADSM and SFT3 servers - at
that stage it was recommended that you do not run ADSM on these servers
untill fully tested and certified. Does anyone know whether this ever
happened?

Regards
Christo Heuer
ABSA Bank