ADSM-L

ADSM NT question

1999-03-17 11:12:36
Subject: ADSM NT question
From: Michelle Duncan - NCS NSO <micki AT SYNOPSYS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 08:12:36 -0800
Greetings!

I have a question relating to the reporting of
backups on NT with ADSM.

Currently we are backing up nearly 100% unix
machines (SunOs, Solaris, NetApp, and HP-UX)
but we've added a test bed of 3 NT machines
since we plan to roll out desktop backups
in the near future.

My question is, remembering please I am a unix
person and know very little NT, how can I check
the status of these NT backups?  They are
scheduled and I figure I can pull up the activity
log for that.  From my file spaces report I'm
not seeing any activity on those machines.

One is my own and if I do a manual backup
through the GUI, it says it completes, I
can do restores, but the file spaces report doesn't
get updated.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle Duncan                           micki AT synopsys DOT com
Storage Systems Administrator            pager: 650.940.3353
Synopsys, Inc.                           phone: 650.943.5464

 "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if
            you just sit there."  --Will Rogers