ADSM-L

Réf:Re: Netware Client Memory Problems

1999-03-17 10:45:16
Subject: Réf:Re: Netware Client Memory Problems
From: Alain Ricois <Alain.Ricois AT IBESIS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:45:16 +0000
IBM ADSM support give me this information.

On the netware console (or with the program rconsole)
Go to the Console monitor screen or start it if it doesn't run
server : load monitor

go to Available options
                     Memory utilisation
Select System module ADSTAR Distributed storage manager
and record the value of Memory Bytes in use

This value is about 300 kbytes after loading
                    3Mbytes for 150000 files after an incr schedule
and doesn't grow up after every incr schedule

With the options COMPRESSION ON
                 COMPRESSALWAYS YES
memory utilisation increase after every schedule

Hope this helps you
Send me another message if you need more details

Regards

Alain Ricois