ADSM-L

Oracle Backups using ADSM

2015-10-04 17:46:04
Subject: Oracle Backups using ADSM
From: Kuan, Amy M
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello all,

We are in the process of installing and testing ADSM and I am suppose to
test Oracle database backup and recovery.  I don't know much about ADSM,
I'm
an Oracle DBA.  IBM's redbook on the subject of backing up databases
suggests essentially what we are currently doing for backups, except that
we're using Legato.  So, I changed the script to issue the ADSM archive
command instead and that works fine.  Both, the ADSM server and client are
AIX.  I am also suppose to test the Oracle Connect Agent.

My problem is this.  The ADSM project lead insists that all backups must be
initiated by ADSM server.  He does not want any requests coming from the
client.  Is the Oracle Connect Agent my only choice then?  Or can ADSM's
scheduler initiate a remote job?  Any information would be helpful.

Thanks...........Amy