ADSM-L

Re: Very poor restore performance

1999-03-16 11:47:16
Subject: Re: Very poor restore performance
From: "Schauerte, Andrew (NM75)" <andrew.schauerte AT DAS.HONEYWELL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:47:16 -0700
Stefan,
We have very poor restore performance as well.  I noticed that after a
while, files are spread out over a large amount of tapes- even with
collocation by node turned on- and the seek time for the files is what is
taking FOREVER!.  I reduced the number of versions - which has helped a
little.  Also, creating copy storage pools that help consolidating the
amount of data to decrease the seek time.  Also, we went from a 10 MB to 100
MB Network line- I am still attempting to "tune" our system to take full
advantage of this capacity.  Hope some of these things help you.
                Good Luck,

Andrew P. Schauerte

I.T. Analyst
Information Technology