ADSM-L

ADSM and AFS

1999-03-16 11:06:14
Subject: ADSM and AFS
From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bth AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 11:06:14 -0500
Hello everyone....
I am trying to establish justification for a new ADSM server to back up
our 500GB AFS cell.  I am presently working with an RS6k J40
(4 processor, 512MB) and a 3494 w/ 2 3590 Differential connect tapes.

I think I have hit the performance limits on the J40, and need some idea
of what hardware others may be using.  My ultimate goal would be to be
able to dump the cell in <12hours.  Is this even possible? (I'm not
concerned with limits on the AFS servers) If so, any ideas as to the
hardware (RS6000 based, preferably) that would be required?

Any prompt replies will be very much appreciated!!

TIA

-
Best regards,
Best regards,
Brian

| Brian T. Huntley                              UNIX Systems Programmer |
| Campus Information Services, Clarkson University                      |
| Ph/FAX: 315.268-2292/6570                                             |
| bth AT clarkson DOT edu                                www.clarkson.edu/~bth |
 UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
        PGP Public Key available. finger bth AT clarkson DOT edu