ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Activity Log

1999-03-12 17:55:40
Subject: Re: ADSM Activity Log
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 17:55:40 -0500
> I currently have a tape that was stuck in a 9710 drive - dlt7000 -- I had to
> manually remove the tape from the drive -- now I have this tape that ADSM
> thinks is still around and the SILO thinks it is in its inventory.
>
> I have user requesting the tape and since we have 'lost' track of the tape --
> ADSM marks it unavailable.
>
> My question is -- how do I get this tape physically back into the Silo and in
> sync.
>
> Right now it is marked 'unavailable' -- and is sitting on top of the Silo
>
> I tried a checkout -- no go
> I tried a checkin -- ADSM said tape already in library

Try an "audit library libname checklabel=barcode".  However, if the SILO
still thinks it is in there, and if the audit does not cause the library
to read all of the barcodes, then you need to force the SILO to recreate
it's element inventory.  With a 3575 library, the physical removal of the
tape would have automatically triggered the 3575 to do an internal "init
element status".  Another way to do it on a 3575 is to open the bulk
entry/exit door, slip on tape out of it's cell, and back in, and close the
door.  The library will then reinventory itself, and an ADSM "audit
library" will reconcile with the robot.

I don't know the 9710, but the concepts should be the same.

Hope this helps.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,