ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Backup on NT: EventLogs

1999-03-12 06:39:12
Subject: Re: ADSM Backup on NT: EventLogs
From: Ahmet Ertem <aertem AT HAITEC DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:39:12 +0100
>I noticed that, in the Backup/Archive Client.  There is an option to
>backup/restore NT event logs.  If this is done, it writes the Event Logs
>contents to the \adsm.sys folder, just like the registry stuff.
>The question is this:
>
>Is there a way to specify this as an option as an automated event?
Similar
>to the:
>
>backupregistry  yes
>
>...option that is what tells the scheduler to back up the registry to the
>\adsm.sys folder, where it is the backed up with all the other files.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Nathan J. Norrgard

Event log backups are implemented via the eventback command only while the
registry may be backed up via a command or an option in the dsm.opt file.

So you should schedule an event log backup before your regular incremental
backup and include the \adsm.sys folder. At least I haven't found another
way to do this, either.

--Ahmet Ertem
HAITEC GmbH
HAITEC GmbH