ADSM-L

reclamation confusion

1999-03-12 06:38:21
Subject: reclamation confusion
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:38:21 +0100
Hi,

I just discovered the following situation:
two reclamtion processes were starting shortly after the other.
The first reclaimed volume A from tapepool3, the second
reclaimed offsite volume B from the copypool. Volume A was
mounted in a drive an IN USE of process 1. By accident,
process 2 also needed volume A to move the data from the
offsite volume B. Process 2 was waiting for access of
volume A.
When I discovered this situation, I canceled process 2.
I wonder what would have happened after the completion
of process 1. Volume A would be empty and pending and process
2 tries to copy the data from it that doesn't exist any more.
Any ideas?

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT uos DOT de
Universitaet Osnabrueck       Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28
D-49069 Osnabrueck
Germany