ADSM-L

Backup Client 3.1.06

1999-03-12 05:50:09
Subject: Backup Client 3.1.06
From: Johan Poll <jpol AT NL.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:50:09 +0100
Hi all,

Since Win32 ADSM Client version 3.1.06 is available for WIndows NT, it is
also possible to restore files across the WEB using the ADSM Client
Acceptor and the ADSM Client Agent services under Windows NT 4.0.

But my question is: is it possible to perform a restore across the WEB
using different user id's. The only way now is to use the nodename and the
password which belongs to it. But we want to allow the helpdesk to perform
the restores, by NOT giving them that nodename and its password.
Is that possible. I know that earlyer using the WEBSHELL it was possible to
add more user-id's. Why isn't that possible using client version 3.1.06.
Will it be possible in later versions ?

Hopefully someone from ADSM can give me a answer, because we need it very
bad.

with kind regards, / met vriendelijke groeten,
Johan Pol
Boerhaavelaan 11 - 2713 HA - Zoetermeer - Tel. (+31)79 3223051 - Fax.
(+31)79 3213989
Internet :JPol AT nl.ibm DOT com / johan.pol AT xerion.be.philips DOT com