ADSM-L

Is it a good idea to install Server 3.1.2.13 for NT ???

1999-03-12 04:30:55
Subject: Is it a good idea to install Server 3.1.2.13 for NT ???
From: Sabine Rettenberger <Sabine.Rettenberger AT WOLF-HEIZTECHNIK DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:30:55 +0100
Hello all,

i´m running with ADSM-Server 3.1.1.3 and my database grows, and grows, and
grows,  and my magstar-tapes become more full and full and full ....
In my POLICIES i defined, that max. 2 Versions of existing files are holded
(the second one only 30 days) and 1 Version of only files (never expire).

I can´t see with the backup-client, that more than 2 versions are holded.
it seems to be o.k..
but i think it can´t be that we need 2,5 Terra-Byte Tapes to backup  ca.
250 GB Disk-Space.

the "expire inventory" runs each 24 hours and say´s, that 30000 to 40000
objects are examined and deleted.
It looks good, but tape-utilization grows and grows.
each day we do "move data" to become some tapes (with reclamation-treshold
< 70 %) free.
it seems to work, but in summary we become more and more data.

so i were told to install the Server 3.1.2.13 for NT.

Who knows this version ??? is it a good version ???  my i go in production
with it ???

thank you

Sabine Rettenberger
sabine.rettenberger AT wolf-heiztechnik DOT de