ADSM-L

Doing restores on busy Novell servers

1999-03-11 17:37:42
Subject: Doing restores on busy Novell servers
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:37:42 -0600
On our 2 busiest Novell servers (the ones with the most concurrent users)
we frequently get this message when trying to do
 restores during the day:
 Login denied to Netware Target Service Agent 'servername'
If we keep trying, or wait till after prime time hours, eventually the
restore works.
Generally, I've been telling the server people to go to a different
machine, restore the file there using -NODENAME=servername
then copy the file over.
The Novell server isn't out of connections  (for instance, this happens
when we have 4500 users connected and the limit is set to
5000)
Has anyone seen this before?
Has anyone seen this before?
Is there some tweaking we can do to get around it?
Thanks,
Julie