ADSM-L

I: Lotus Notes Connect Agent

1999-03-11 13:24:41
Subject: I: Lotus Notes Connect Agent
From: Rick Smith <richard.smith.hs45 AT STATEFARM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 12:24:41 -0600
ADSMer's,

I'm testing some Lotus Notes backup using the Connect Agent V2.1.8a.  I
have seen improved perfromance in incremental backups compared to V2.1.8.
There are two problems I am seeing now.  The first is that if you run a
backup with -full=yes the backups run almost 3x slower.  The second problem
has me more worried though.  I'm trying to restore a database that is 1187
MB.  When the restore gets close to completion the restore fails with this
message:

03/11/99 10:43:39 AM  NOTES: Database (.nsf) has grown too large; use File
New Replica to recreate your file with larger capacity.

I've talked with some Lotus Notes people and they say it may be because of
a files size limitation within Notes.  They say that when you create a
database, Notes
applies a 1 GB database size limitation by default.  We are using Lotus
Notes Version 4.6.

Has anyone else noticed this??

Thanks,

Rick Smith